Wednesday 12 March 2014

Second Day Running

What a beautiful day it is ! Spring is certainly here, the sun is out in all its glory, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing!  and I am running! Goodbye winter !

So I took Luna out for  a run today, or should I say, Luna took me out! We did the same circuit as yesterday, three quarters road work, and the last stretch up through the woods back home, we hit the 30 minute mark again, more or less, it is hard to accurately time our runs, as one of us (The dog) has to stop for wee breaks etc

I used my blood pressure monitor when I got home, about 5 minutes after getting in the house, first I had to get the dog fresh water, take off her harness etc open all the windows in the house to  help her cool, then wash the sweat off my face.
Anyway, my blood pressure read 87/51 with my heart rate at 97 beats per minute.  Not sure if I should be impressed or concerned!

I am most certainly feeling fitter, and yesterday, although rather bread heavy, I'm quite pleased with my food intake, although I have no idea how many calories I consumed!

Here's the start of my food diary today.


Breakfast: 
Hot water and lemon
Small Bowl :
Greek Yoghurt
Hazelnuts
Blueberries
Honey

4 km run, 30 minutes 

Post Workout Snack
Banana
Greek yoghurt
honey
1 hard-boiled egg

Lunch (eaten over 2 meals )
1/2 avocado
1 egg
Bowl of Mexican rice
1 pita bread
cucumber
1/2 bell pepper

20 minute walk with Luna

Dinner
Vegetable Tikka
Courgette
Carrots
Broccoli
mushrooms
Green peppers
Chickpeas
Lentils
serving of rice
pita bread

Snacks

Cashew nuts
2 digestives with a black coffee
2 small crackers
Banana
Home made nutrition bar (prunes,cashews, banana, coconut all blended together)

Puppy is flat out

Rescue dogs are so loving

Luna after our run


1 comment:

Unknown said...

How do you make your nutrition bars?