Tuesday 11 February 2014

Everyone needs a workout buddy



This is my workout buddy and new personal trainer Luna! We have had her since December (2 Months) and had been  fortunate enough to find her at the Dogs Trust. She's a fantastic personal trainer, because she needs walking, daily, whether its raining, sunny or snowing, and not just a quick walk round the block. She needs a real walk, of a good few miles! and unlike the gym, if I were to miss a session, Luna really lets me know when I'm slacking, she will howl at me until  I get my arse in to gear and take her out!

Yesterday we went for a nice 5 km run, a mixture of pavement and trail running, it's hard work running with a dog, mostly because she's had no real training on lead and is a puller, which isn't safe near roads, but we are slowly but surely getting to a comfortable place where she can run beside me, instead of in front. Yesterday we were out for 40 minutes,  I am aiming over the next 12 weeks to lose about 10 minutes from this time.


No comments: